Direct Number: (403) 451-1183
Brad Dubeau grew up on a commercial Hereford ranch west of Medicine Hat, AB. He went to Montana State University and received a BS in Agriculture Business with a minor in Economics. After university he worked at TD Canada Trust as an Agricultural Account Manager, and then Alberta Hereford Association as their manager. Brad was then employed with Independent Breeders Service and eventually Alta Genetics in public relations. Mostly recently, he was the Director of Communications for the Canadian Hereford Association and Editor of the Canadian Hereford Digest. Brad continues to operate a grasser operation west of Medicine Hat.
- Brad is responsible for guiding the ABP staff as they work on behalf of producers to address the policy, production, communication, promotion, legal and financial issues that will help to strengthen the beef industry in Alberta.
- Staff support to the Board of Directors.
Direct Number: (403) 451-1175
Laura received her training at Pricewaterhouse Coopers; she is both a CA and a CMA.
- Overseeing all Financial Management functions including producing monthly financial statement packages and related analysis.
- Ensuring the check off levy is collected on a timely and correct manner.
- Oversees the payroll system to ensure that staff are paid on a timely and accurate basis.
- Disbursing and accounting for all funds paid out by ABP under research and sponsorship contracts.
- Managing the investments and the cash flow requirements for the organization.
- Coordinates the year-end financial statement audit.
- Prepares the annual budget.
- Maintains the producer data base.
- Is the Chief Returning Officer for all ABP elections.
Lead, Stakeholder Communications
Direct Number: (403) 451-1176
Katelyn has been with the organization for over 15 years and grew within ABP into the position of Lead, Stakeholder Communications. Katelyn has a Public Relations Certificate from Mount Royal College.
- Responsible for managing all ABP communications, social media and media relations activities.
- Preparation of newsletters, media releases, weekly news updates, and annual reports.
- Responsible for communications planning and content, media training, and special projects.
- Monitors media coverage of industry trends.
- Maintains albertabeef.org and oversees social media accounts.
- Responsible for facility and meeting arrangements for the AGM and Semi-AGM.
Lead, Beef Production and Extension
Direct Number: (403) 451-1173
Karin grew up on a mixed farm near Keoma, AB, raising purebred Simmental cattle and grain, and is still involved to a limited extent. She has a Master’s Degree in Agriculture from the University of Alberta which focused on the genetic and metabolic factors affecting feed efficiency in beef cattle. Before joining ABP, Karin spent just over four years with the Canadian Hereford Association as their Breed Development Coordinator.
- Provides policy direction and technical support in the areas of cattle health and welfare, cattle and beef research, environmental stewardship, and efficient cattle and beef production practices to ABP’s staff, directors and delegates, as well as cattle producers throughout Alberta.
- Liaises with CCA and a number of other organizations on issues of importance to Alberta's beef industry, and is also responsible for overseeing the administration of research projects funded by ABP.
- Provides staff support to the Research Committee.
Lead, Government Relations and Policy
Direct Number: (780) 492-8261
- Establish relationships and maintain communications with elected officials and senior staff members in the government.
- Provide analysis and strategic direction to the ABP Board of Directors, councils, committees, and staff on a wide range of economic and policy issues affecting the sustainability and competitiveness of the beef cattle industry in Alberta.
- Ensure that government officials consider cattle and beef industry priorities, ABP policy positions, and the interests of cattle and beef producers in all legislative, regulatory and policy decisions.
- Provide staff support to the Governance Committee and work with partner organizations to enhance industry policy and government advocacy.
Direct Number: (403) 451-1174
- Book all meetings and prepare and distribute the related information packages.
- Record minutes at meetings and distribute approved minutes.
- Maintain the resolution tables.
- Organize New Delegate Orientation, New Board Directors Orientation and Resolutions Committee Meeting.
- Assist with AGM.
Direct Number: (403) 275-4400
- Provides telephone answering and guest greeting services to ABP, CCA and CBBC.
- Responsible for receiving and distributing mail, courier packages, and faxes; logs incoming email from apbfeedback.
- Book meeting rooms, order meals, and books hotel rooms for ABP meetings and delegates.
- Provides accounting support to the Controller, including management of all accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Responsible for the administration of invoices, expense statements, service charge remittances, bank deposits, and cheque preparation.